Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What is flour?

In the pursuit of seeking a job as soon as possible, I decided to be a member of an online job finder. Upon my search, I came into an ad that hires fresh chemical engineering graduates of this certain food industry. So I emailed my resume to this company along with a couple of other companies that I’m interested in. Lucky for me, one unexpected day last week, the company called and I was set to have an interview at 2pm of May 2 (yep, yep! That’s today).

After applying for my clearance application with Erik, I had my resume printed went straight to this famous company in Pasig. I took the MRT and then a jeepney. Due to the extremely hot weather, I decided to change into formal clothing in a nearby fastfood. Unfortunately there was none (at lumagpas pa ko ng konti). So I went to a nearby hospital and there I changed into my blue-green long sleeves and printed tie. Then I took a taxi back to the corporation. In fairness, it was just a Php 32.50 ride – see how near!?!

I met Cleo, the one who called me up. After waiting for several moments, she called me into the receiving room and had me fill-out the application form and an essay. Since it was only said that they hire ChE grads, I asked what position I am applying for. It turns out to be a QA Analyst for their Flour Division. The application form seemed eternity to answer; and the essay question is: “Why should we hire you? What can you contribute to the organization that others cannot?” In fairness, I was prepared for that question. Haha!

After a while Cleo showed up and the interview began. I’ll just list down the questions, but I’ll just choose not to tell my answers.

Q: Tell me something about yourself.
Q: Why do you think we should hire you?
Q: What is your edge over the others who are experienced for the job?
Q: Are you available for night shifts if ever? ***plus some follow-ups***
Q: What do you know about flour?
Q: Why chemical engineering? ***:plus some follow-ups***
Q: Your desired salary is Php 18000. Is this still negotiable? How low this can get?

I am still waiting for the second interview with the HR Manager and the QA Manager. I am interested with this one but that doesn’t stop me from further job hunting. Good luck to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home