Monday, January 31, 2005

An elegy

We’re just so happy last Wednesday. Then three days later something very bad happened. Jurrel’s dad died last Saturday due to heart attack . He was just 49.

The first thing that hit my mind when the news reached me was the EC curse. It wasn’t really a curse, just an observation that every year our organization’s set of officers had an immediate family that pass away. The oldest that we could date was way back in 2001. I hope that the curse would be broken. Please.

kJ, Jhovy and I went to Batangas today to attend the wake of his father. We arrived at 10 pm after 3 hours of trip. His family was very hospitable and we we’re touched by the warm welcome. Even though there was a funeral, they made us feel that everything is still ok. Jurrel tried to be as natural as he is, and we feel that he tries to be strong for him and his family. I admire his courage and sense of responsibility for that. My condolences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home