Thursday, July 06, 2006

Barkada Trip Epilogue – Everybody Loves “The One”

Sa isang barkadahan, most likely sa isang medyo malaki-laking grupo, merong isang taong laging nangingibabaw. Kumbaga siya ang common friend/common denominator ng barkada. Everyone loves him/her. S/He’s everybody’s favorite pal. Kumbaga siya ang strongest link na nagbobond sa kada. S/He can hang out with everyone in the group and can spend a moment alone with a single kada member without feeling estranged. I know that I don’t play that role. I remember high school. Nung high school sa tropa namin, si Lorena ang gumanap ng papel na yun. Lorena is just about everybody’s favorite. Hindi siya mauubusan ng kwento at ng gagawin kahit kayong dalawa lang. She can hang out with Limuel, with Prince, with Thine, with Jayrold, with Jen, and with everybody else and always end up with a quality time spent. I can’t walk and talk with Prince alone, I mean, anung pag-uusapan namin? Di rin pwedeng magsama sina Limuel at Jen, may tensiong magaganap. Ang point ko lang ay lahat kami magkakaibigan, berks nga e. Pero merong certain level ng friendship ang bawat miyembro ng barkada sa kapwa nila. And siguro ang highest level ng friendship e kay Lorena kaming lahat. Labs ka naming lahat Lore!

Fast forward to college. There’s 12 of us: Me, Mike, Rob, Maja, Angge, Steve, Pol, Pads, Menki, Mark, Elpee, and Martin. I used to hang out with Mike, then Mike and Angge, then Rob, then Rob and Mike, then to Maja and Mike, then to the rest of the gang. If I remember correctly I think I may have spent some time alone with everyone for a couple of chit-chats, though I did not feel alienated, I know I can’t be common link to everybody. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be the one. I just noticed the behavioral patterns of the group. And I think I can conclude that Lorena’s counterpart is Rob. No questions asked. He’s easy to get along with everybody, makwento, can entertain everyone, and I think he can influence us all. Even though he’s not around, his presence can always be felt (Feel the power – omnipresent ba ito? Hehe joke). Seriously, ramdam ng lahat yung absence niya nung time na wala siya (I hope I don’t offend anyone in the kada). And after the jampacked gimiks balik Tate na uli siya. I told him he’s everyone’s fave guy, I don’t know if he believed me, and I don’t know if everyone else feels the same way I do, but I think that’s the way it is lang talaga. (“,) Saya no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home